Join Us When The Sun Goes Down For Our Arctic Monkeys Special
The thing I love about Arctic Monkeys is how chill they are. I mean, just take a look at this photo from their younger days - they're just a bunch of lads down the pub. In fact, they remind me a bit of Will, Jay, Simon and Neil from The Inbetweeners; just a little bit tragic.
Coinciding with the release of their new album 'Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino', at Friday I'm In Love we're holding an Arctic Monkeys Special on the 11th of May. If you can't bear the thought of spending over sixty quid on a ticket to see them live, then grab your dancing shoes because this is the night for you.
In preparation for Friday's special, here are some facts about the band that you most likely didn't know.
1. Do you wanna know (ha, punny) why the band has its name? Well, unfortunately David Attenborough isn’t going to film a new documentary about a new species of Arctic Monkey any time soon – guitarist Jamie Cook just always wanted to be in a band called Arctic Monkeys. Fair play to him.
2. Apparently, Turner thinks that ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’ is ‘a bit shit’. Granted, the lyrics don’t make a lot of sense, but I’ve suddenly lost all faith in Alex Turner’s music taste.
3. Cook carried on his job as a tiler until 2006, and he returned home from a sold out tour to finish a tiling job he had already started. Imagine having a half-tiled bathroom because the tiler you employed has got to fly around the world on tour – I bet his rating on Trust a Trader went down.
4. The original bassist, Andy Nicholson, couldn’t handle the fame and went from pulling strings on a guitar to pulling pints, by fulfilling his life long dream of owning his very own pub. Each to their own, I guess.
5. They considered calling their second album ‘Lesbian Wednesdays, Gordon Brown and Gary Barlow’. I don’t know about you, but I think an album title about lesbianism, an ex-Prime Minister and the lead singer of everyone’s mum’s favourite band is catchier than ‘Favourite Worst Nightmare’.
Don't be a mardy bum; join us when the sun goes down at Friday I'm In Love on the 11th of May for an epic evening. We're out. *mic drop*
Looking for love this summer? Here are the types of guys you should avoid on Tinder... Read more...
Got your dancing shoes ready? Prepare yourself for our AM special with these unknown facts. Read more...