Unleash Your Inner Dancing Queen at Our ABBA Special
This is not a drill. ABBA are releasing new music for the first time in 35 years. We are not okay.
Don’t lie, you are more excited for this reunion than you were for the birth of the Royal Baby. Who doesn’t love a bit of ABBA? If Super Trouper comes on and you don’t have the compulsive urge to whip out the metallic blue, flared jumpsuit, platform heels and grow out your tash, then you need to check yourself.
So, it’s no coincidence that we’re holding an ABBA Special at The Haunt on the 3rd of May. To get you in the mood to be the Dancing Queen you are, here are 5 reasons why ABBA is one of the best things to happen to music.
1. Without ABBA, there would be no Mamma Mia! film. Yes, Pierce Brosnan did ABBA no justice by completely murdering SOS, but it still makes for cinematic gold.
2. ABBA have songs for all moods. Need a supportive pal? Chiquitita. Broken hearted? The Winner Takes It All. Fallen for that fuckboy again? Mamma Mia. Broke? Money, Money, Money. All morals gone out the window? Does Your Mother Know. Going out on a mad one? Voulez-Vouz.
3. Dancing Queen brings out the best in everyone. When it comes on in a club, even the manliest of men will enter the dance floor and perform all the dance moves like the dancing queen they secretly are.
4. Their costumes were second to none. Frilly, metallic jumpsuits with flared trousers and deep v necks to show off that desired chest hair, platformed heeled boots… You don’t get much more ghastly than that. I don’t know about you, but I’d love to see contemporary bands like The 1975 dress like that.
5. It is socially acceptable to just burst into any ABBA song at any given time. You could be anywhere – in a queue in a supermarket, on the bus, in a public loo, during a wedding ceremony – and you can bet that anyone around you will drop their conversations, wave the torch on their phone around and join in. ABBA unites us all in some way or another.
Take a chance, and come along to our Secret Discotheque ABBA Special. Knowing me, knowing you, you’ll definitely unleash your inner dancing queen, so be a super trouper and say I do, I do, I do, I do, I do.
The weekend is finally here, and you know that means only one thing! Read more...
It's Thursday night in Brighton, and you know what that means! Read more...